JAMB withdraws admission lists earlier sent to schools. The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) yesterday announced the withdrawal of the lists of recommended candidates for admission it earlier sent to tertiary institutions for consideration.
In a statement issued in Abuja by its Head of Media, Dr. Fabian Benjamin, JAMB explained that the withdrawal was to allow the screening of candidates based on the criteria set by Education Minister Mallam Adamu Adamu by the Senate of universities.
The criteria are catchment areas, educationally disadvantaged states and merit.
Pay Attention: JAMB earlier Announces Date For Candidates To Know The School They Are Posted To
Bejamin said in the statement: “This is to ensure that the University Senate perform its statutory responsibility of conducting the selection of candidates and refer it to JAMB for confirmation in line with the admission criteria of merit, catchment and educationally disadvantaged states as directed by the Hon Minister of Education at the policy committee meeting.”
According to the statement, “the earlier list was sent to fast track the process of admission so as to allow other tiers of institutions also conduct their admission.
The statement added: “Candidates should not panic because this is part of the process of the 2016 admission exercise. JAMB regrets any inconvenience this decision would have caused the tertiary institutions. The Board regrets any inconvenience it’s proactive step would have caused the tertiary institutions.”
myPastQuestion.com Products and Services:
- Post UTME Past Questions = from N1,000
- JAMB Past Questions = N1,500
- WAEC/NECO Past Questions = N500 per subject
- Junior (JS33) Past Questions = N1,000 per subject
- All Scholarship Past Questions = N2,000
- JUPEB Past Questions = N2,000
- NDA Past Questions = N2,000
- NPA Past Questions = N1,500
- Job Interview Past Questions = N2,000
- WAEC Result Checker Card = N800
- NECO Result Checker Card = N800
- Post UTME Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- Exam Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- Creation of Blogs = N10,000
Tags: JAMB Admission List