According to some Legal practitioners in the country have aired their views over the resolutions taken by the Senate recently which stated that the UTME form be sold at N2,500 by JAMB and the UTME Result validity extended to 3 years.
According to them, the resolutions by the senate are not binding on JAMB.
Professor Itse Sagay while speaking on this said that the senate cannot pass such resolutions on an executive body like JAMB; stating that it is only the Minister of Education, or the Council governing JAMB can take such decisions. Hence, the resolution by the senate can be deemed a mere request or advice.
Also, Mrs. Funke Adekoya (SAN) said that the resolutions are not binding on JAMB as the House of Representative is yet to make a law to that effect. Hence, if JAMB does not obey, no law can be said to have been broken or breached. This simply implies that the resolutions are only requests by the senate which may or may not be granted.
myPastQuestion.com Products and Services:
- Post UTME Past Questions = from N1,000
- JAMB Past Questions = N1,500
- WAEC/NECO Past Questions = N500 per subject
- Junior (JS33) Past Questions = N1,000 per subject
- All Scholarship Past Questions = N2,000
- JUPEB Past Questions = N2,000
- NDA Past Questions = N2,000
- NPA Past Questions = N1,500
- Job Interview Past Questions = N2,000
- WAEC Result Checker Card = N800
- NECO Result Checker Card = N800
- Post UTME Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- Exam Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- Creation of Blogs = N10,000