Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program. Applications is ongoing for the 2015 Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program. The Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program (JJ/WBGSP) sponsors students from developing countries to pursue graduate studies leading to a master’s degree from preferred and partner universities around the world. Scholars are expected to return home to contribute to the development of their country.
Host Institutions and Eligible Courses of Study
The list of institutions and courses eligible for study are accessible through the following links.
• JJ/WBGSP preferred university masters programs offered for AY 2015-2016
• JJ/WBGSP partner masters programs.
Citizen of eligible developing countries can apply for the scholarship. Countries like Nigeria, Ghana, Cameroon, Chad, Ivory Coast, Egypt, Gabon; most countries in Africa and other countries around the world.
The scholarship provides travel costs between your home country and the host university, tuition for your graduate program, the cost of basic medical insurance, a monthly subsistence allowance to cover living expenses, including books.
The applicant must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- • Be a national of a World Bank member country eligible to borrow.
- • Not be a dual citizen of any industrialized country.
- • Not be an Executive Director, his/her alternate, staff of the World Bank Group (the World Bank, International Finance Corporation, International Development Association, Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency, and International Center for Settlement of Investment Disputes), consultant, relative or in-law of the aforementioned.
- • Holds a Bachelors degree (or equivalent university degree) earned before 2012.
- • Have at least 3 years of development-related experience since earning a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent university degree)
- • Have, by the notification of the scholarship award, been accepted unconditionally (except for funding) to enroll in the upcoming academic year in one of the JJ/WBGSP preferred university masters programs that is listed on the JJ/WBGSP website, that is located outside of the applicant’s country of citizenship and country of residence.
- • Be in good health, as certified by a medical doctor, with respect to the capacity to be a productive scholar for the duration of the masters program.
Application Procedure and Deadline
For scholarships to one of the preferred masters programs , you need to apply to the university to get accepted into the program and also apply directly to JJ/WBGSP for the scholarship. The deadline for JJ/WBGSP scholarship applications for the academic year 2015-16 is 19 March 2015, 12 noon EST.
For scholarships to one of the partner masters programs , please first apply to at least one of the partner university masters programs. The university will send the JJ/WBGSP Secretariat a short list of eligible candidates that have been accepted by the partner program, and the JJ/WBGSP Steering Committee will award scholarships to a subset of the short listed applicants.
It is important to read the 2015 application guidelines and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship website – http://go.worldbank.org/VV63X70UQ0
Share this scholarshipClick here to check your NEW JAMB Result now!