MainOne’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big. MainOne is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: GPON Support Engineer (OSP)
Location: Lagos State
Reporting Line: OSP Manager
To plan, design and implement the GPON/SME Project, ensure documentation, manage Network resources and activities in order to meet or exceed business unit goals while maintaining quality standards, controlling expenses, and following company and business unit directives and practices.
Specifically, the GPON Planning & Support Engineer’s responsibilities shall include:
- Detailed design of GPON passive network, viz. Fiber Aggregators, splitters and Fiber distribution, to deliver GPON services over the whole fiber network.
- Prepare Implementation schedule, Installation and Design documents for the project.
- Ensure proper documentation of all GPON deployments and modifications in the network.
- Hand over GPON/SME OSP as built documentation to the operations team internally.
- Conduct & oversee last mile survey for GPON customer to produce survey reports & the bill of quantity (BoQ) to deliver the service.
- Supervise the troubleshooting of GPON/SME network and ensure that prescribed operational OLAs (e.g. MTTR) are met.
- Issue Project reports that reflect the progress, status and any issues affecting the project.
- Carry out site inspection in coordination with System Integrators, contractors and consultants to ensure that the design has been precisely implemented at site during project execution.
- Preparation of Preliminary Acceptance Test (PAT) documents for the acceptance testing of new sites in the network region.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience required in complex network project implementations.
- Strong experience in designing, provisioning, documentation of OSP related Projects.
- Must be able to Support the design and engineering process by planning and preparing drawings for construction of new fiber routes.
- Expertise with GPON network installations and configurations, preferably using Commscope passive devices.
Demands of the job:
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Strong customer service experience required
- Availability to work overtime in times of emergency and specialized project deliveries.
- Understand and manage the pressure of a 24×7 customer support environment