Applications are on-going for the 2015 Government of Malaysia International Scholarships (Mis) at Malaysian University. The Malaysia International Scholarship (MIS) is an initiative by the Malaysian Government to attract the best brain from around the world to pursue advanced academic studies in Malaysia.
This scholarship aims to support Malaysian Government’s effort to attract, motivate and retain talented human capital from abroad. Talented international students with excellent academic records and outstanding co-curricular backgrounds are welcomed to apply for this scholarship and further their studies in any selected and well-established Malaysian public and private universities.
Applicants should know that the scholarship is divided into two (2) categories of study: Postgraduate and Post-doctoral Studies.
Approved Subject Areas
The scholarship covers the following field of studies:
• Science and Engineering
• Agriculture and Fisheries
• Economics and Islamic Finance
• Information and Communication Technology
• Biosecurity and Food Safety
• Infrastructure and Utility
• Environmental Studies
• Health not including nursing, medicine, clinical pharmacy.
* Applicants may choose any related course within the field/areas mentioned above.
Public and Private Universities in Malaysia
· Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM)
· Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM)
· Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM)
· Universiti Malaya (UM)
· Universiti Teknologi Mara (UiTM)
· Universiti Islam Antarabangsa Malaysia (UIAM/IIUM)
· Universiti Utara Malaysia (UUM)
· Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM)
· Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia (UTHM)
· Universiti Teknikal Malaysia Melaka (UTEM)
· Universiti Sains Islam Malaysia (USIM)
· Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris (UPSI)
· Universiti Malaysia Terengganu (UMT)
· Universiti Malaysia Sabah (UMS)
· Universiti Malaysia Pahang (UMP)
· Universiti Malaysia Sarawak (UNIMAS)
· Universiti Malaysia Perlis (UNIMAP)
· Universiti Sultan Zainal Abidin (UNISZA)
· Universiti Pertahanan Nasional Malaysia (UPNM)
· Universiti Malaysia Kelantan (UMK)
· Universiti Teknologi Petronas (UTP)
· Universiti Tenaga Nasional (UNITEN)
· Multimedia University (MMU)
· International Centre For Education In Islamic Finance (INCEIF)
Each scholarship is worth:
• Air tickets from recipients’ capital city to Malaysia
• An approved tuition fees
• Monthly maintenance allowance
• Annual grant for books and internal travel
•Medical / Health Insurance
• Installation and Termination grant
• Thesis allowance
To be eligible for Malaysia International Scholarship (MIS), applicants must fit the following criteria:-
1. Not be more than 40 years (Postgraduate) and 45 years (Post- doctoral) of age during application..
2. Obtained a minimum of Second Class Upper (Honours) or a CGPA of 3.5/4.0 at Bachelor Degree Level for Masters Degree applicants and for PhD candidates must possess CGPA 3.5/4.0 or very good result at Masters degree level in a similar field of intended PhD study. In addition, for post-doctoral programme, the selection will be evaluated based on the number of books produced, refereed/non refereed journals, portfolio and patent copyright. The Post-Doctoral candidate must have excellent reputation in research and possesses knowledge related to the research to be carried out.
3. Took one of the following English Language Proficiency Test not more than two years before the date of application. The list of tests and minimum scores required:
1. IELTS Academic Test with a score of at least 6.5 ; or
2. TOEFL paper-based test with a score of at least 580 or computer-based test with a score of at least 230 or internet-based test with a score at least 92.
3. In excellent health condition and certified by a Certified Doctor/Medical Professional. The cost of medical examination is to be borne by the applicants.
4. Wrote a proposal that is relevant to the needs and interests of Malaysia (research-based programme only).
5. Has applied for and gained admission to postgraduate and post-doctoral studies in Malaysia (conditional letters of offer will be accepted at the time of application or has a confirmation of acceptance or affiliation with the universities in Malaysia).
Applications will be considered according to the following selection criteria:
• High-level academic achievement
• The quality of the research proposal and its potential contribution towards advancement of technology and human well-being.
• Excellent communication, writing and reading skills in English Language.
Application Procedure and Deadline
All applications should be made ONLINE through Ministry of Education’s website before 31 March 2015.
NB: : It is the responsibility of the scholarship holders to confirm admission to the university. It is the responsibility of successful candidates to apply for and meet the requirements for the issuing of an appropriate entry visa including medical examination.
The offer of the scholarship does not guarantee the granting of a visa. Scholarship holders must maintain satisfactory progress and good standing as stipulated by their host university and degree programme, or the scholarship will be withdrawn.
To visit the official Scholarship Website click hereClick here to check your NEW JAMB Result now!