Our client, a leading financial resource company is looking for a skilled Managing Editor to oversee the company’s daily publishing operations.
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience5 years
- Job FieldMedia / Advertising / Branding
Reporting: You will be reporting to the Lead Partner & General Manager and supervise writers.
A managing editor combines the innovativeness of a writer with the practical focus of an operations manager. You should be able to suggest ideas for stories and see them through to publication. We expect excellent organizational and leaderships skills as well as a unique problem-solving ability.
- Plan and manage all daily operations
- Hire, coach and supervise personnel
- Collaborate with editorial team to determine issues’ content and topics
- Coordinate editorial publications and meetings
- Plan and approve assignments for writers and editors
- Control schedules and enforce deadlines (for writers, photographers, designers etc.)
- Oversee proofreading procedures and edit copy when necessary
- Assist in evaluating finalized copy for compliance with policies, style and tone
- Resolve issues as they arise
- Planning and managing all daily operations
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or related educational equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience working in media, journalism, advertising or related domains. (Experience in digital media is an advantage)
- Strong relationship-building and people-management capabilities
- Ability to multitask and oversee concurrent projects.
- Excellent time-management, organizational and communication skills.
Salary Range: ₦200, 000 – ₦300,000
Method of Application
To apply for this role, send in your updated CV and an application letter clearly stating your suitability for this job to [email protected]
Any submission without an application letter will be disregarded.
Click here to see the latest Job Vacancies in Nigeria.