Medicine and Surgery is a popular course offered in Nigerian Universities. Graduates of Medicine and Surgery become Medical Doctors.
Direct Entry Requirement (i) ‘A’ level passes in Chemistry, Physics and Biology or Zoology in addition to UTME requirements.(ii) BSC, BOS, etc in relevant fields.
UTME Requirement: Five SSCE credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
JAMB UTME Subject Combination: Use of English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
Higher Institutions that Offer Medicine and Surgery in Nigeria
Direct Entry / Special Consideration
- (i) UDU, MAIDUGURI and EBSU accept ‘A’ level pass in Mathematics in lieu of Physics.
- (ii) LAGOS as in Dentistry.
- (iii) BINGHAM, NDU and PHC – No Direct Entry
- (iv) OOU and CALABAR accept Degree in Science not below Second Class Lower Division.
- (v) CALABAR accepts Degree (not below a good second class lower Division) in Anatomy,Biochemistry, Physiology, Medical Laboratory, Nursing Science, Chemistry. Biology, Zoology or Does not
- (vi) ABSU, AAU and OOU accept Degree in related fields. accept IJMB for Direct Entry.
- (vii) BSU, ILORIN, IMSU and LASU accept a good Honours degree (second class upper) in relevant discipline.
- (viii) JOS requires D/E candidates to fulfil UTME Entry requirements.
- (ix) BENIN accepts: (a) At least three “A” LEVEL PASSES (Not more than one C Grade or minimum of 12points) in Biology or Zoology, Physics and Chemistry at NOT MORE THAN ONE SITTING. (b) At least a second class upper division from a recognised University in either B.Sc Biological Sciences or B.Sc. Medical Sciences
- (x) ABSU and ILORIN requires that all candidates no matter their mode of admission are required to have GCE ‘O’ level or equivalent with credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology at one sitting and same sitting.
- (xi) ILORIN accepts B.Sc (Second Class Honours) in Biochemistry, Anatomy, Physiology, Microbiology, Zoology and other Basic Sciences fields.
- Also requires a minimum aggregate of 13 score points
- xii) LASU requires a minimum of ‘C’ in each of the subjects and will consider a Bachelor of Science with a minimum of Second Upper Division for admission.
- (xiii) UNN- Direct Entry.
- (xiv) LAUTECH accept s ‘A’ Level passes in Biology Chemistry and Physics, or
- Zoology (plus UTME requirements) may be considered for admission into 200 level.
- (xv) OAU accepts B.Sc. with a minimum of 2nd Class Honours in relevant discipline (Sciences).
- (xvi) EBSU accepts B.Sc 2nd Class Upper Division in any biological science course Plus at least credit pass in English, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and Physics in one sitting
- (xvii) UNIOSUN accepts a Acceptable passes (good grade) – total points of 10) in Physics, Chemistry and Biology or Zoology at the Higher School Certificate or Advanced Level of General certificate Examination or its equivalent . b )First Degree in relevant Biomedical sciences Medical, paramedical, biological, chemical or physical Sciences) not less than Second Class Upper Division level.
UNN accepts Physics with Chemistry (as a single subject) for Physics and Chemistry. UNN requirements at one sitting.
(vii) ILORIN accepts five O Level credit passes at only one sitting and minimum score of 240 in JAMB examination.
(v) BENIN, IBADAN, IMSU, ABSU, EBSU, UNIOSUN, ANSU, DELSU and BOWEN require the O level Credits at one sitting
Do you have questions? Ask in the comments below.Click here to check your NEW JAMB Result now! AD: Click here to Read Latest School News, Jobs, Scholarships
Click here to see the latest Job Vacancies in Nigeria.