Nigerian Bar Association (NBA) has proposed to make the study of law a second-degree course in Nigerian Universities.
To this effect, a 23-man committee has been inaugurated by the NBA president, Abubakar Mahmud, SAN and chaired by Chief Anthony Idigbe, SAN, while Dr Aminu Gamawa is the secretary.
He said that the idea is still an agenda for the committee, he said the committee would look at the current size of the legal profession and its exponential growth in recent years in relation to the needs of the Nigerian economy. Also the committee will consider the desirability of candidates seeking admission to the law faculties in Nigeria to possess a degree in another discipline as a condition for admission.
The agenda reads in part “Review the current regulatory objectives and the regulatory architecture of the legal profession and advise on its suitability to meet the current requirements for a robust, responsive and independent modern legal profession in Nigeria.’’
He added that the Nigerian Bar Association has repeatedly expressed concerns in the falling standard of legal education and legal practice, he described it as a disturbing phenomenon that must be addressed urgently and adequately.
myPastQuestion.com Products and Services:
- Post UTME Past Questions = from N1,000
- JAMB Past Questions = N1,500
- WAEC/NECO Past Questions = N500 per subject
- Junior (JS33) Past Questions = N1,000 per subject
- All Scholarship Past Questions = N2,000
- JUPEB Past Questions = N2,000
- NDA Past Questions = N2,000
- NPA Past Questions = N1,500
- Job Interview Past Questions = N2,000
- WAEC Result Checker Card = N800
- NECO Result Checker Card = N800
- Post UTME Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- Exam Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- Creation of Blogs = N10,000