Ongoing Recruitment at The Population Council for a Research Manager, January 2017.
The Population Council is an international, non-profit, non-governmental institution that seeks to improve the well-being and reproductive health of current and future generations around the world and help achieve a humane, equitable and sustainable balance between people and resources.
The Council’s major program areas ace HIV&AIDS, Reproductive Health and Poverty, Gender, and Youth. The Council conducts biomedical, social science and public health research and helps build research capacities in developing countries.
Population Council is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Research Manager
Job Type: Contract Full-Time
- The candidate for this position will be responsible for the design, conduct, data management, analysis and reporting of all research studies conducted across all Council divisions.
- He/she will oversee and manage the database for capturing and processing data collected through project management information systems and, contribute to study protocol development and scientific report writing and publications and presents study designs or results at multi-stakeholders’ meetings.
- Manage and provide support to the Research Director and Principal Investigators in the conceptualization, design of study protocols and tools, define realistic timeline targets for completion by research staff.
- Provide support to PIs in training study personnel and in planning study meetings and study dissemination.
- Provide support to M&E team in identifying the core requirements for collecting baseline data, preparing terms-of-reference for and arranging the conduct of a baseline survey, as required.
- Ensure data management alignment with project strategy, agreement on annual targets and inclusion of data collection and analysis activities in the work plan.
- Develop the Council’s research dissemination and research events, liaising closely with research staff from within and outside the Council.
- Analyze data to assist in preparation of project reports and participate in corporate multi-site/country research studies
- Ensure compliance with study protocols and SOPs, train at start-up and initiation meetings for research study staff.
- Ensure the smooth running of research study and fieldwork by developing systems to track projects including all study, investigator and ethical review board information, client/participant recruitment activity and financial management.
- Support PIs in developing study budgets and be involved in budget planning, resource allocation and preparation of quarterly reports.
- Undertake any other responsibility delegated by the supervisor
- Level of Education – A minimum of Masters in Social Science, Statistics, Public Health or any related area
- Level of IT Expertise Required – Ability to use the following statistical packages – Epi Data, SPSS required
- Ability to travel within and outside Nigeria
- Strong analytic and database skills including statistical analysis
- Experience in implementing management information systems and field research is an added advantage.
- Experience in a Similar Role – 8 years
- Excellent Communication and Interpersonal Skill
- Language Requirements – Excellent English language
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 10th February, 2017.