RTI International is recruiting members to fill the position of Urban Sanitation Coordinator. Members of the public are invited to apply.
Urban Sanitation Coordinator (USC)
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience10 years
- Job FieldEngineering / Technical
RTI International is seeking to recruit an Abuja-based Urban Sanitation Coordinator (USC) for the USAID E-WASH activity. The USC will be based in the E-WASH Abuja office with regular travel to the State offices and SWB locations. He/she will assist the 6 E-WASH state teams as they work with State government to implement liquid waste improvements in each of the States.
- The UCS will assist the State teams through technical assistance, document review, planning, and training.
- Specifically, the UCS will undertake the following activities:
- Undertake Rapid Technical Assessments on the behaviors and practices on urban sanitation.
- Develop Situation Assessment Reports on the existing situation on urban sanitation.
- Develop shit flow diagrams based on the data on sanitation practices in the State capitals and/or second largest towns in the state.
- Fecal Sludge Treatment Plant coordinate the undertaking of feasibility studies, design and construction of fecal sludge treatment plants.
- Facilitation of the agreement for the creation of an institutional home for sanitation at the state level.
Qualifications and Experience:
- An advanced University degree (Masters) in Civil, Environmental, Sanitary, Process and Wastewater engineering or a directly related field.
- A minimum of 6 years experience of implementing urban sanitation (fecal sludge management) program activities, or a B.Sc. with 10 year of similar work experience
- Extensive experience of conducting program related surveys in cities with complex informal settlements using KIIs, FGDs and RTA approaches
- Extensive experience of implementation of programs related to policy, institutional, legal and regulation for urban sanitation in emerging economy
- Experience in a USAID or other development partner programs is an added advantage.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrates experience in collaborating across project stakeholder groups and donor projects.
- Demonstrate strong ability to use mobile phone instruments integrated with internet to collate and analyze field data on a real time basis
- Excellent knowledge and ability to use current MS office applications.
- Full knowledge and understanding of using city sanitation (fecal sludge) data to develop SFDs for cities.
- Ability to use SFD calculation tool is added advantage
- Demonstrate understanding and knowledge of processes of fecal sludge characterization to guide design and implementation of FSTPs in pilot cities
- Possesses excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Possesses the ability to work effectively in a team as well as in a complex and multicultural environment.
- He/she must be willing to regularly travel to 6 States across Nigeria (Abia, Delta, Imo, Niger, Taraba and Sokoto)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit by e-mail only an Application letter and a CV as ONE SINGLE WORD document to [email protected]
Click here to see the latest Job Vacancies in Nigeria.