She Organization a Nigerian based non profit organisation located at Abuja with contributing to ending extreme poverty as it objective, has the post of a Chief of Party vacant Applications are invited.
She Organization- Chief of Party
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience2 years
- Job FieldAdministration / Secretarial NGO/Non-Profit
REPORTS TO: FOUNDER
To help achieve this objective, the Foundation seeks to engage a Chief of Party. This position requires a professional who will reside in Abuja, Nigeria to identify donors and partners, initiate and sustain strategic stakeholder relationships, complete and submit proposals, handle the resource planning and project monitoring across projects in the Foundation. This Terms of Reference further states the role requirements. Therefore, the Foundation requests CVs from ambitious professionals who meet the terms of this reference and have the desire to be part of an organization whose values are: Accountability, Commitment, Transparency, Innovation and Open-mindedness.
The Chief of Party (COP) will be responsible for overall project implementation, results, quality and timeliness of deliverables, management, and external representation. S/he will provide overall technical and administrative leadership and expertise for the Foundation and serves as the primary liaison with stakeholders on management and technical matters. S/he will be responsible for the overall management and implementation of the activity and reports directly to the Founder. S/he will supervise activities’ implementation and ensure the activities meet stated goals, outcomes, benchmarks, and reporting requirements. S/he will oversee the four components:
1. Monitoring & Evaluation
2. Social impact
The COP will provide strategic vision for the Foundation, ensure compliance with contractual obligations, and will be responsible for coordination among the Foundation and key stakeholders. The COP must have experience working in complex, politically charged, unstable environments, working across different cultures, and manage diverse teams to deliver impact within agreed timelines across a broad geographic area.
Country Office Planning and Management
- Collaborate with the organization’s founder to develop the Foundation’s strategic plan, initiative priorities, strategies and application plans;
- Lead strategic project management, financial management, external relations, business development, fundraising, Human Resources, and operational aspects of the Foundation’s efforts;
- Develop and execute project management plan(s) to support strategic planning, resource allocation, and policy engagement.
- Oversee project budgets management and reporting, financial risk control procedures, projections for multiple grants, and contracts;
- Ensure compliance to donor reporting, rules, regulations, and requirements (e.g. USAID and DFID);
- Ensure financial compliance to Nigeria Government and NGO board statutory requirements;
- Oversee internal and external financial audits;
- Plan, review and approve the work plan and annual budget to ensure compliance ensuring the relevance of the proposed actions to achieve the general and specific objectives of the Foundation.
- · Manage, maintain and deepen relationships with existing and prospective stakeholders Nigeria and expand the Foundation’s network of partners;
- Develop and maintain high-level relationships with Government of Nigeria, national and international NGO partners;
- Focus on the Foundation’s sectors for policy engagement, and identify and cultivate relationships with new partnerships in those sectors;
- Represent the Foundation with global, national, and local level partners.
Business Development and Fundraising
- Represent the Foundation with partners and stakeholders;
- Organize and participate in the Foundation’s activities such as workshops, seminars and any other events related to the project;
- Collaborate with Team Leads on project resources, financial management, human resources, and operations for proposal development;
- Acquire matching funds from counterparts and other related programmes to the four components to provide continuity;
- Lead, manage, monitor and implement the four components of the Foundation’s Programme.
- Engage government partners to identified potential projects;
- Identify and cultivate fundraising opportunities;
- Identify and cultivate research project opportunities, particularly through proactive reach out to external (prospective) stakeholders;
- Monitor and establish corrective measures and evaluate the Foundation’s progress;
- Prepare and write the technical reports related to the implementation of the programme(s) for internal use of The Foundation.
Human Resources and Operations
- Manage Human Resources and Admin Manager;
- Oversee office operations, human resources, and information technology functions;
- Ensure compliance with the administrative guidelines to guarantee the proper use of resources;
- Ensure compliance with Nigerian labour and immigration laws;
- Act as the primary point of contact for emergency and crisis management;
- Ensure the Foundation offices’ safety and security protocols are maintained;
- Develop systems to strengthen staff capacity;
- Review, approve and sign off on memoranda of understanding, agreements or any other documents that need to be signed off with the Foundation or other institutions involved in the programme(s)/ project(s).
Pre-Positioning (Focus on Proposal Capture Planning):
- Stay abreast of trends in the development sector in activities that enable financial inclusion, access to healthcare and education for those living at the Bottom of the Pyramid (BoP);
- Strengthen intelligence and market research to identify opportunities for diversified funding and inform positioning efforts;
- Actively gather intelligence about new funding opportunities, analyze them and identify which opportunities to be taken on by the Foundation;
- Engage in networking, research, and competitive analysis inform strategic decisions to position the organization to respond to and drive trends in the effort to end poverty;
- Assist with the creation of institutional systems that provide: improved methods of forecasting upcoming grant opportunities; ensure that templates and tools for proposal development are developed, and staff/consultants are adequately poised for various aspects of our work; work to smooth collaboration across the organization in the functionality of proposal team methodologies; actively coordinate and participate in planning and/or status meetings to ensure proper adherence to good proposal management practices.
Pursuit of Opportunities (New Business Capture/Generate Revenue):
- · Grants writing;
- Responsible for the performance of due diligence in go/no-go analyses and decisions;
- Determine the approach for the deployment to provide hands-on proposal development support;
- Write or edit technical narratives, produce budgets and other proposal pieces as required depending on capacities or the proposal team in response to solicitations;
- · Assist proposal development teams to improve proposal competitiveness through integration of industry tools and best practices;
- As necessary, oversee consultants engaged for specific writing purposes;
- Maintain and implement funding calendar activities;
- Provide coordination, management and development of proposal development planning activities between departments. Work with the organization’s team in managing all phases of the proposal development process to include partner management, proposal conceptualizing and writing, personnel recruitment, budgeting, project management, post-proposal assessment, etc.
- · Ensure effective award management such that high-risk issues are quickly surfaced and handled effectively with donors, reports meet deadlines and quality expectations, agreement terms and compliance requirements are commonly understood;
- · Write reports to government, foundations or other funders;
- · Serve as a liaison to all funding agencies or organizations as necessary.
Below selection criteria will be applied throughout the process:
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE/ EXPERIENCE:
1. A minimum of 2 years functioning in a managerial role in a local or international NGO/Foundation.
2. Demonstrated experience in relevant management, supervisory and technical experience working with programmes that are of similar scope and scale to the specifications of this role is required (at least two of these years must be in a high-level management/leadership position).
3. Ability to communicate in English, both written and spoken; level 3.
1. Master’s degree in business administration, public policy, social justice, gender, finance, economics or political science.
2. Experience in conflict-affected environments.
3.Proven experience in developing and communicating a vision In-house and externally to partners and a multidisciplinary team.
English Language Proficiency
Level 1 – Foundational
Level 2 – Intermediate
Level 3 – Advanced
Level 4 – Expert
TYPE AND LENGTH OF THE CONTRACT:
Two-year, long-term contract with the possibility of renewal.
Method of Application
Please send a CV, cover letter and three references to [email protected]
Please use the following subject line 2019-COP when contacting us. This position will remain open until filled.
Given the volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Foundation will select the professional that best suits the required profile listed in the Terms of Reference (TOR), and 1) Obtains the best score after reviewing the CV and interviews with The Foundation 2) Demonstrates experience with the proven legal and technical capabilities 3) Guarantees the provision of the services requested, in the best interest of The Foundation
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION POLICY
The Foundation is committed to promoting inclusion within its operations and in the delivery of interventions across Nigeria. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive culture in which difference is recognized and valued across every part of our business and everyone can be their best. For the Foundation, diversity in practice means engaging with diverse communities while retaining a workforce reflective of different cultures, age groups, genders, ethnic groups, social backgrounds and all the other unique differences that make each of us individuals. We believe Inclusion is about working with diverse communities, creating healthcare and education-related interventions to empower the marginalized in North-Eastern Nigeria to achieve the United Nation’s SDG 1.Click here to check your NEW JAMB Result now! AD: Click here to Read Latest School News, Jobs, Scholarships
Click here to see the latest Job Vacancies in Nigeria.