The three non academic staff unions at the University of Ibadan have directed members to resume work on Monday after a three-day protest over non payment of “ earned allowance.’’
The three unions embarked on a protest over non- implementation of the allowance on Monday.
The directive ordering members back to work was given at a joint congress of the Senior Staff Association of Nigeria Universities, (SSANU), Non-Academic Staff Union (NASU) and National Association of Academic Technologists (NAAT) held at the university’s main gate.
The Chairman of SSANU, Wale Akinremi, who spoke on behalf of the unions after the congress, said that the workers embarked on the protest to alert management of its responsibility.
He said that the management had already met with the union executives and signed an agreement to effect the payment of the allowance.
“We discussed the agreement with the Vice chancellor in the presence of the Bursar and the Registrar that the implementation of what we have asked for will commence immediately.
“We believe the management led by the vice chancellor will effect the payment and there will not be any problem in the university,” he said.
» Buy & Download Original UI Post UTME Past Questions and Answers (Up-to-Date):
» Get your Original JAMB Admission Letter : Click here to Apply!
» Get your JAMB Result Slip with your passport on it: Click here to Apply!
» JAMB Change of Institution/Course: Click here to learn more!
Share this information with friends
myPastQuestion.com Products and Services:
- Post UTME Past Questions = from N1,000
- JAMB Past Questions = N1,500
- WAEC/NECO Past Questions = N500 per subject
- Junior (JS33) Past Questions = N1,000 per subject
- All Scholarship Past Questions = N2,000
- JUPEB Past Questions = N2,000
- NDA Past Questions = N2,000
- NPA Past Questions = N1,500
- Job Interview Past Questions = N2,000
- WAEC Result Checker Card = N800
- NECO Result Checker Card = N800
- Post UTME Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- Exam Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- Creation of Blogs = N10,000