UNICAL Postgraduate Admission Form is Out – 2016/2017 – This is to inform the general public that the University of calabar – UNICAL Postgraduate Admission Form is Out for the 2016/2017 admission year. The management of the University of Calabar (UNICAL) invites suitably qualified candidates for admission into their graduate programmes that lead to the award of Postgraduate Diploma, Masters and Doctor of Philosophy Degree for the 2016/2017 academic session.
UNICAL Postgraduate – Available Programmes.
Programmes leading to the award of Postgraduate Diploma, Master’s, and Ph.D degrees are available in the underlisted Departments. For details of each programme and specific requirements.
- Faculty of Agriculture
Agricultural Economics, Agricultural Extension and Rural Sociology, Animal Science; Crop Science; Soil Science; Forestry and Wildlife Resource Management.
- Faculty of Allied Medical Sciences
Medical Laboratory Science (Medical Microbiology/ Parasitology Unit, Chemical Pathology Unit and Haematology Unit), Radiography and Radiological Sciences, Nursing Sciences.
- Faculty of Arts
English and Literary Studies; History and International Studies; Linguistics and Communication Studies; Religious and Cultural Studies; Philosophy; Theatre and Media Studies; Modern Languages and Translation Studies.
- Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences
Anatomy; Biochemistry; Pharmacology; Physiology.
- Faculty of Biological Sciences
Botany, Genetics & Biotechnology, Microbiology, Zoology and Environmental Biology.
- Faculty of Education
Arts Education; Business Education; Continuing Education and Development Studies; Curriculum and Teaching; Educational Administration and Planning; Educational Foundations, Guidance and Counselling; Environmental Education; Library and Information Science; Science Education; Social Science Education; Special Education.
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Management Sciences
Accounting, Banking and Finance; Business Management; Marketing.
- Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry
Medicine and Dentistry; Community Medicine.
- Faculty of Physical Sciences
Geology; Mathematics; Statistics; Computer Science; Physics; Pure and Applied Chemistry.
- Faculty of Social Sciences
Economics; Geography and Environmental Science; Political Science; Sociology; Public Administration.
- Institute of Education
PGD Education, PGD Environmental Education
- Institute of Oceanography
Fisheries and Aquaculture; Physical Oceanography; Biological Oceanography
- Institute of Public Policy and Administration
PGD Public Administration; Policy and Administrative Studies
- Centre for Water Resources Management
UNICAL Postgraduate Admission Requirements.
1. UNICAL Postgraduate General Requirements
Candidates are required to have a minimum CGPA of 3.00 on a 5-point scale and 2.75 on a 4-point scale for Master’s programmes and 4.00 on a 5-point scale and 3.00 on a 4-point scale for the Ph.D programmes.
A CGPA of 1.50 and above is required for PGD programmes. Candidates with Master’s degree from recognized universities may credit the relevant courses towards the Ph.D programme, provided that the quality of the grade is acceptable to the Graduate School.
Note:Note: Filling of forms – Surnames first, First name next, Middle name last.
There will be no changes made after submission of application forms online. Therefore candidates must think through before submission as any change will attract a fee. This is to prevent multiple applications. The titles Mr, Miss or Mrs may be used but not Rev(Dr), Chief, etc. Programmes applied for should be Ph.D, M.A, M.Ed, M.Sc, MPH, LLM, and PGD.
2. Concept Note
As part of the application, candidates are expected to submit a CONCEPT NOTE of 2 pages maximum for Ph.D programmes and one (1) page maximum for Master’s programmes.
The concept note will be typed online in a space provided in the form and printed out for submission to the department. The concept note is a MINI SUMMARY OF RESEARCH PROPOSAL highlighting what candidates intend to research on when admitted. It will have to cover the following:
- – Statement of the problem
- – Relevance of study to self and society
- – Aim(s) of the study
- – Justification
- – Methodology
- – Brief theoretical background
Note: Candidates who fail to send their concept notes online along with their application forms will not be allowed to take part in the oral interview.
Candidates are to ensure that their academic transcripts are forwarded by their previous institutions through courier service to the Academic Secretary, Graduate School, University of Calabar, P.M.B. 1115, Calabar, Cross River State, ON OR BEFORE THE DEADLINE INDICATED BELOW.
ALL TRANSCRIPTS MUST BE RECEIVED IN GRADUATE SCHOOL ON OR BEFORE THE SCREENING DAY being NOVEMBER 18, 2016.
Candidates whose transcripts are not received in the Graduate School by November 30, shall NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR ADMISSION.
There will be no room for awaiting results (all applicants whose results have not been approved by the Graduate School Board/University Senate will not be considered for admission).
UNICAL Postgraduate Admission Mode of Application.
Interested candidates are to first check the prospectus for the complete description of available courses.
Thereafter, candidates are required to pay a non-refundable fee of ₦15,000.00 at any bank nationwide via E-Transact platform for Graduate School application form 2016/2017 academic session.
A printout with a unique pin will be issued at the bank.
Candidates will then enter their unique PIN and their mobile phone numbers on www.unicalonline.edu.ng/admissions to access the form.
Follow the steps by providing your data as prompted and ensure that your form is submitted.
YOU ARE TO PRINT OUT A COPY OF YOUR FORM AND CONCEPT NOTE, BY CLICKING ON PRINT button after submission.
Please bring a copy of the printed form to the venue on the day of the screening.
Process Flow of E-Scratch Card for UNICAL Postgraduate Application
- Walk into any bank across the federation and make payment on E-Transact platform to purchase Graduate School application form for 2016/2017 academic session.
- Make a payment of ₦15,000.00 and obtain the payment slip.
- Go online to www.unicalonline.edu.ng/admissions
- Log on with the generated pin on the payment slip to fill the Postgraduate form.
UNICAL Postgraduate Application Deadline, Screening Schedule.
DEADLINE: The application for admission will be shut down on Friday, 4th November, 2016. No extension of application after 4th of November, 2016.
Friday 18th November 2016 for MBA, MPAS, and all PGD candidates
While Saturday 19th November 2016 is for Masters and Ph.D candidates. The screening test will be a computer based test as follows:
- Part A – Written, (Use of English Language, Logic, Mathematics, ICT and General Knowledge);
- Part B – Oral interview in the respective departments based on subject area/concept note for Ph.D and Master’s candidates.
- There shall be No oral interview for MBA, MPAS and all PGD programmes.
Help Desk/ Enquiry
Admission / Available Programmes:
Issues with Online Forms:
07056693127, 08183626190, 07056693126, 08098957263, 08054165689
myPastQuestion.com Products and Services:
- Post UTME Past Questions = from N1,000
- JAMB Past Questions = N1,500
- WAEC/NECO Past Questions = N500 per subject
- Junior (JS33) Past Questions = N1,000 per subject
- All Scholarship Past Questions = N2,000
- JUPEB Past Questions = N2,000
- NDA Past Questions = N2,000
- NPA Past Questions = N1,500
- Job Interview Past Questions = N2,000
- WAEC Result Checker Card = N800
- NECO Result Checker Card = N800
- Post UTME Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- Exam Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- Creation of Blogs = N10,000