In this post I will show you the full list of 30 Universities that Offer Nursing in Nigeria.You will also see the role and responsibility of a nurse as well as career and job opportunities for nurses in Nigeria.
Nursing is a field that is concerned with taking care of ill or injured persons; and providing preventive health care to well persons. Nurses work in various settings, including hospitals, long-term care facilities, public health departments, businesses, public schools and mental health centers.
Duties performed by nurses include providing patient care, assessment of patients, developing nursing care plans and educating patients about their conditions.
The setting where a nurse works determines the specific tasks assigned to him or her. Nurses working in medical-surgical hospitals care for sick and injured patients.
They perform tasks such as giving medications, taking vital signs, including temperatures, pulse and blood pressure. They also administer medications, including intravenous medicines.
A nurse is required to document care given and the patient’s response in the medical record. Those working in hospitals may specialize in specific areas of care, such as pediatric nursing, where they work primarily with children, gerontology, a field that focuses on older adults and psychiatry.
Here we will focus on the following:
- private school of nursing in nigeria
- nigerian universities offering nursing
- school of nursing fees in nigeria
- federal school of nursing form
- school of nursing in lagos
- nursing school in nigeria requirement
- fct school of nursing
- lagos state ministry of health school of nursing
Roles and Responsibilities of Nurses
- Perform physical exams and health histories
- Provide health promotion, counseling and education
- Administer medications, wound care, and numerous other personalized interventions
- Interpret patient information and make critical decisions about needed actions
- Coordinate care, in collaboration with a wide array of healthcare professionals
- Direct and supervise care delivered by other healthcare personnel like LPNs and nurse aides
- Conduct research in support of improved practice and patient outcomes
Careers Available in Nursing
These are the Careers available in Nursing:
General Nursing, Psychiatry nursing, Penoperative Nursing, Public Health Nursing, Ophthalmic Nursing, Orthopedic Nursing, Pediatric Nursing, Midwifery, Anesthetic Nurse, Accident and Emergency, Intensive care Nurse, Nurse Administrator, Midwife Education, Nurse Educator, Public Health Nurse Educator.
30 Universities that Offer Nursing in Nigeria
Below is a list of schools that offer Nursing in Nigeria.
- AAU – Ambros Alli University, Ekpoma
- ABSU – Abia State University, Uturu.
- ABU – Ahmadu Bello university, Zaria
- ABUAD- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti
- ACHIEVERS – Achievers University, Owo,
- AUE – Adeleke University, Ede
- BABCOCK – Babcock University, Ilishan-Remo
- BAYERO – Bayero University, Kano
- BENIN – Bayero University, Kano
- BOWEN – Bowen University, Iwo
- CALABAR – University of Calabar, Calabar
- DELSU – Delta State University, Abraka
- EBSU – Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki,
- FED-KEBBI – Federal University, Birnin-Kebbi
- IBADAN – University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Oyo State
- IGBINEDION – Igbinedion University, Okada
- ILORIN – University of Ilorin, Ilorin
- JOS – University of Jos, Jos
- LAGOS – University of Lagos Akoka, Lagos
- LASU – Lagos State University, Ojo,
- LAUTECH – Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso
- MADONNA – Madonna University, Okija
- MAIDUGURI – University of Maiduguri, Maiduguri,
- NDU – Niger Delta University, Wilberforce Island, Bayelsa State
- OAU – Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife
- PHC – University of Port-Harcourt, Port-Harcourt UDU
- UNIOSUN – Osun State University, Osogbo
- UNIZIK – Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka
- UNN – University of Nigeria Nsukka.
- NOUN – National Open University of Nigerian
Job Opportunities for Nurses in Nigeria
Nurses as well as other medical practitioners have very high chances of getting employed in Nigeria. They are gainfully employed by:
- University teaching hospitals nationwide
- Federal medical centers across the country
- State hospitals
- Private hospitals
- Federal and state ministry of health as administrators
- NGOs providing humanitarian services such as Red Cross, Oxfam and so on.
» Download Nigerian Universities Scholarship Past Questions and Answers
» Download WAEC Past Questions for All subjects
» Get your Original JAMB Result Slip with your passport on it.