This is to inform suitably qualified candidates who are willing to study at the University of Mkar, Mkar that screening form into the University for the 2019/2020 academic session is now available. The cost of the form is N12,500.00. Cut-off mark is 140. See application details below.
Post-UTME Screening Eligibility.
Candidates who have applied for admission into the University of Mkar, Mkar, for the 2019/2020 academic session and have a score of 140 points and above in the UTME. Candidates who did not choose University of Mkar, Mkar but have a score of 140 and above in the UTME are also eligible for Screening and admission.
Jamb Subject Combination and Course Requirements
|S/NO.||Course||SSCE Requirements||UTME Requirements||DE Subject|
|1||Food Science & Tech.||Five SSCE credit pass in Eng, Maths, Chem, Bio, Agric, Phy. & Basic Catering, Food Sciences||Chemistry, Mathematics or Physics or Agriculture Science||Two ‘A’ level passes in Chem. & Bio/Agric. Sc/Botany/Zoology|
|Five SSCE credit passes in Eng, Maths, Chem Bio and any other science subject||
Biology, Chemistry and Physics or Maths
|(i)Two ‘A’ L passes to include one of Botany, Zoology, Biology or Chemistry
(ii)OND/NCE in related fields
|Five SSCE credit passes in Eng, Maths, Chem, Bio. & Physics||Biology, Chemistry & either Physics or Mathematics
|Two ‘A’ level passes in Chemistry and any one of Bio, Zoology or Botany|
|Eng, Maths, Phy, Chem, & Bio||Chemistry and 2 of Phy, Bio & Maths
|Two ‘A’ L in Chem. & any one of Phy, Maths, or Bio|
|Eng, Phy, Chem, & Maths, and one other science||Phy, Maths & Chem, or Bio
|Two ‘A’ L in Phy & Maths or Chem|
|6||Physics Education||Eng, Phy, Chem, & Maths, and one other science||Phy, Maths & Chem, or Bio||Two ‘A’ L in Phy & Maths or Chem|
|Eng, Maths, & Phy or Chem||Maths and any 2 of Phy, Chem, & Econs or Geo
|Two ‘A’ L in Maths, and any Science. NCE with at least merit in Maths and 1 of Phy, Chem, or Econs.|
|8||Mathematics Education||Eng, Maths, & Phy or Chem||Maths and any 2 of Phy, Chem, & Econs or Geo||Two ‘A’ L in Maths, and any Science. NCE with at least merit in Maths and 1 of Phy, Chem, or Econs.|
|Five SSCE credits to include Eng, Maths, Phy, plus 2 other Sc. subjects.||Maths, Phy, & 1 of Bio, Chem, Agric, Econs & Geo.||(i)Two ‘A’ L passes in Sciences including Maths.
(ii)NCE with at least merit in Maths & 1 other Science or Social Sc. Subject.
(iii)Diploma in Data Processing with at least a merit pass from a recognized University or OND/HND in Data Processing, Engineering and Maths with an overall B grade may be considered.
|5 SSCE credit passes including Eng lang, Maths, and Econs||Maths, Econs and any other Social Science subjects||Two A’ level passes including Economics|
|11||Business Management||Maths, Econs, plus any 2 of Acct, Business Methods, Commerce, Govt, Geo, and Stats||English,Maths, Econs, & 1 other subject in social science.||Two ‘A’ L from Econs, Acct, Bus Mgt, Govt, Geo or Stats|
|Eng, Maths, Econs and any 2 of Arts & Social Science||Econs, Maths and any 2 of Arts & Social Science||Two ‘A’ L in Econs, and any 1 of Maths, Stats, Geo, Phy, Chem, Acct, Bus Mgt, Hist & Govt|
|Govt or Hist, Eng and 3 other subjects. At least pass in Maths||Govt or Hist, plus 2 other Social Sc./Arts||Two ‘A’ L including Govt or Hist.|
|5 credits including Eng, Econs & Govt.||Govt, Econs & any other Subject.||2 ‘A’ L from Econs, Acct, Bus Mgt, Govt, Geo & Stats|
|Eng & 4 credits in either Arts or Social Sc.||Any 3 from Arts or Social Sc.||Two ‘A’ L in Arts or Social Sc.|
|Same as Political Science||Same as Political Science||3 Social Sc or Arts Subjects|
|Five SSCE credit passes to include Eng, Maths, Econs, one Sc. Subject & 1 other social science or commercial subject.||Econs, Maths & 1 other Social Science or commercial.|
Admission Application Guide for Candidates for the 2019/2020 Academic Session
- Applicants should visit the University of Mkar’s website to Create an Account using their personal email address and phone number that would enable them to continue with their online registration after completing step three below.
- Applicants should visit any UBA branch of their choice nationwide to pay the sum of Twelve Thousand Five Hundred Naira (N12,500.00) only directly into the University account (account number 1007938103) as cost of Admission Form (N10,500.00) and Screening Fee (N2,000.00). Or applicants can also use the University online payment system to conveniently pay for Application Form and Screening Fee from any where, any time using any valid Nigerian bank debit card (Master/Visa/Verve). Click here to get more information about making payment online
- Applicants shall upon return to the university’s main campus from the bank, proceed to the bursary department with their deposit slips for authentication on the portal and continue with online registration on the university portal.
- After completing the online registration, applicants are advised to monitor the university website www.umm.edu.ng and listen to the radio stations within reach for information on screening dates and time.
- It is instructive for all applicants to ensure that the manual copy of the admission form is submitted to the university’s academic office at the registry department unfailingly on the day of their Post UTME Screening.
Click here to check your NEW JAMB Result now! AD: Click here to Read Latest School News, Jobs, Scholarships
Click here to see the latest Job Vacancies in Nigeria.