WAEC Animal Husbandry Questions 2017- West African Examinations Council (WAEC) is an examination board that conducts the West African Senior School Certificate Examination, for University and Jamb entry examination in West Africa countries. … In a year, over three million candidates registered for the exams coordinated by WAEC.
There will be three papers, Papers 1, 2 and 3 all of which must be taken. Papers 1 and 2 will be a composite paper to be taken at one sitting.
PAPER 1: Will consist of forty multiple choice questions all of which should be answered within 40 minutes for 40 marks.
PAPER 2: Will consist of six essay questions drawn from the entire syllabus. Each question carries 20 marks. Candidates will be required to answer four questions within 2 hours for a total of 80 marks.
PAPER 3: Will be a practical paper for school candidates and a test of practical work paper for private candidates. Each version will consist of four questions all of which should be answered within 1½ hours for 60 marks.
PAPER 1 – OBJECTIVE
Which of the following products could be obtained from pigs?
A. I and II only
B. I and III only
C. II and III only
D. I, II and III
2. Which the following farm animal is not a ruminant?
3. Male reproductive hormones include
4. Which of the following organs is associated with excretion in farm animals?
B. Small intestine
5. The period from conception to parturition in livestock is known as
PAPER 2 – (ESSAY)
1. (a) List three organs associated with each of the following body systems:
(b) Explain briefly the major function of eachsystem named in (1) (a) above
(c) Discuss Newcastle disease of poultry under the following headings:
(i) causative agent;
(ii) two symptoms;
(iii) two preventive measures.
2. (a) Mention six ways in which farm animals are important to the economy of West Africa.
(b) (i) State two classes of farm animals.
(ii) Give three examples of animals in each class stated in (b) (i) above
(c) Outline the process of egg formation in a hen.
3. (a) Mention seven industrial raw materials that could be obtained from farm animals.
(b) State seven ways of caring for a pregnant co
(c) Define the following terms as used in animal husbandry:
(i) steaming up;