WAEC Commerce Questions 2017- West African Examinations Council (WAEC) is an examination board that conducts the West African Senior School Certificate Examination, for University and Jamb entry examination in West Africa countries. … In a year, over three million candidates registered for the exams coordinated by WAEC.
COMMERCE EXAMINATION SCHEME:
There will be two papers, Paper I and Paper 2, both of which will constitute a composite paper to be taken at one sitting.
PAPER I: Will consist of fifty multiple choice questions to be answered in 50 minutes for 50 marks.
PAPER II: Will consist of eight essay type questions out of which candidates will be required to answer any five within 2 hours for 100 marks.
PAPER 1 – OBJECTIVE
1. Which of the following is not a component of the computer system?
A. Input device
B. Output device
C. Storage device
D. Postage device
2. Which of the following is not a function of a branch manager?
3. Market for the sale or purchase of cash crop is known as
A. commodity exchange.
B. perfect market.
C. stock exchange.
D. money market.
4. Buying and selling through the Internet is known as
C. e-mail. e-commerce.
5. Span of control refers to as the number of
A. directors in a company.
B. subordinates under one manager.
C. employees in a company.
D. assignments given to a subordinate.
PAPER 2 – ESSAY
1. (a) Explain five reasons why firms merge.
(b) State five reasons for the survival of small scale firms in the face of big firms.
2. Write explanatory notes on the following:
(a) Automated Teller Machine (ATM)
(b) Electronic Payment
(c) Mortgage Bank
(d) Fixed Deposit Account
(e) Account Payee only
3. (a) Define Tourism.
(i) four advantages; and
(ii) four disadvantages of tourism.
Click here to see the latest Job Vacancies in Nigeria.