The West African Examination Council (WAEC) has upgraded its security system to detect examination malpractices.
According to them their new security system will also prevent the leakage of examination papers in this year’s West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE).
The council in the past has been hit with some security breaches leading to the leakage of some of its papers, the latest being the cancellation of the English, Integrated Science, Religious and Moral Education, Mathematics and Social Studies papers of the Basic Education Certificate Examination last year.
The principal Public Affairs Officer at WAEC, Agnes Tei-Cudjoe told Citi News that the council has improvised its security system and also adopting a new software which will help detect cheating in objective questions.
“…What we want to introduce for now is an item deferential profile software which is a software which will detect cheating in objective tests. Candidates are expected to abide by the rules that have been spelt out to them throughout the examination process including all the rules which are against any form of malpractices like not bringing mobile phones to the examination hall.”
She explained that “in the past when candidates cheat in objective test, it was difficult for us to detect” adding that the new software will help them in that vein.
“So that is one message that we want to carry out to school authorities, to candidates to their parents to make candidates know that those who cheat in objective test and those who make use of answers that are brought from outside and they all just shade during the examination test that the item differential profile will be used to detect that,” the WAEC Public Affairs officer added.
myPastQuestion.com Products and Services:
- Post UTME Past Questions = from N1,000
- JAMB Past Questions = N1,500
- WAEC/NECO Past Questions = N500 per subject
- Junior (JS33) Past Questions = N1,000 per subject
- All Scholarship Past Questions = N2,000
- JUPEB Past Questions = N2,000
- NDA Past Questions = N2,000
- NPA Past Questions = N1,500
- Job Interview Past Questions = N2,000
- WAEC Result Checker Card = N800
- NECO Result Checker Card = N800
- Post UTME Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- Exam Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- Creation of Blogs = N10,000