The West Africa Examination Council (WAEC) is considering canceling the leaked papers for this year’s West African Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (WASSCE), JoyNews’ investigations have revealed.
The leaked papers; Oral English, Integrated Science and Social Studies have been circulating on social media ahead of the scheduled date for the examinations.
This incident has generated tension among officials of the West African examinations body and some school officials in the country resulting in an emergency meeting attended by top officials of WAEC today April 6, 2016.
The meeting is meant to address the perennial issue of leakage of examination papers in the country.
They will also be looking at how to tighten security at the various centers to dissuade candidates from cheating as has been the case.
According to a source close to JOYNEWS, when the news of the leaked papers gained public attention, some officials of WAEC went around to interrogate some individuals to find out the source of the leak but they did not get any convincing information.
Meanwhile, the Ghana National Association of Teachers (GNAT), says it is convinced officials of WAEC are responsible for the leaking of the papers.
General Secretary of GNAT, David Acheampong said because the managers of the exams –WAEC, are the same people who print the papers, they need to be blamed for the leakage.
“In the first place if they print examination questions and they leak, we need to hold them responsible”, he said.
He said WAEC have depots where the papers are kept in all the ten regions with police escort arguing if any paper leaks, clearly WAEC’s personnel have to be questioned.
Some parents who spoke to JOYNEWS’ Kwetey Nartey sided with GNAT, arguing their children should not be made to pay for the negligence of WAEC officials.
They called on the government to intervene in the situation, adding the rate of paper leakage is tarnishing the image of Ghana
myPastQuestion.com Products and Services:
- Post UTME Past Questions = from N1,000
- JAMB Past Questions = N1,500
- WAEC/NECO Past Questions = N500 per subject
- Junior (JS33) Past Questions = N1,000 per subject
- All Scholarship Past Questions = N2,000
- JUPEB Past Questions = N2,000
- NDA Past Questions = N2,000
- NPA Past Questions = N1,500
- Job Interview Past Questions = N2,000
- WAEC Result Checker Card = N800
- NECO Result Checker Card = N800
- Post UTME Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- Exam Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- Creation of Blogs = N10,000